Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tasting - Ruta 22 Malbec

 


Date of Tasting: April 4th, 2013
Name:Ruta 22 Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Patagonia
Country:Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: Stout and dense from the beginning, with blackberry and violet aromas. Despite being a bold and dark Malbec, this is fresh and composed, with sweet blackberry and cassis flavors. Good on the finish, with candied fruit and caramel sweetness.

 My Review: On this nose, this wine did not have a particular distinguishing smell to me. On my palate, this was not the wine for me. It was a very dark wine; so, I feel that this wine overwhelmed my palate. I was not able to detect much sweetness from the wine. The berries were not very distinguishable either.
 
With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment