Friday, April 12, 2013

Tasting - Smoking Loon Sauvignon Blanc

Date of Tasting: April 11th, 2013
Name:Smoking Loon Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: This bleached blonde beauty is reminiscent of fresh green apples, pineapple and has hints of hibiscus blossoms. The concentration of zesty lemon and gooseberry fills your mouth leaving notes of thyme and melon behind. The bright acid in this wine gives you a zing while the fruit keeps your mouth watering for more. This wine pairs beautifully with a grilled prawn salad with a grapefruit vinaigrette, veggie spring rolls or grilled tilapia with mango salsa.

 My Review: On the nose, this wine had a fruity smell. On my palate, it was fairly acidic for my own palate. I was able to taste the pineapple within the wine. It was an alright wine, but a little too acidic to be drank on its own for my taste.
 
With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment