Friday, March 22, 2013

Tasting - Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Date of Tasting: March 21, 2013
Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
 Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine Perfect also as an aperitif.

My Review:  This wine smelled very sweet, which instantly had me excited to try this wine since my novice palate still enjoys the sweeter wines. Upon tasting the wine, I noticed hints of fruit, particularly apples. I thought this was a pretty good Pinot Grigio, and I enjoyed the wine.

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment