Friday, March 22, 2013

Tasting - Domaine de Grange de Payan

Date of Tasting: March 21, 2013
Name: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Grenache
Region: Côtes du Rhône 
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Shop Review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a hint of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the majority of the wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering cherry and black raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality.

My Review: On the nose, this wine was full of spices. On the palate, I could not really detect any other flavors than the pepper. When I really concentrated on detecting notes other than pepper, I was able to discern a tiny bit of fruit, but it was very hidden. Overall, it was not a very pleasant wine for my palate. 

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment