Friday, March 22, 2013

Tasting - Maipe Malbec Rosé

Date of Tasting: March 21, 2013
Name: Maipe Malbec Rosé
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza 
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet, strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian dishes.

My Review: On the nose, this wine smelt a little bit like strawberries. I did detect an aroma that reminded me more of a strong red wine rather than the rose wine which this is. On the palate, it was very sweet. I did not care for the taste of this wine. I found it very overpowering which I was not expecting. It was fairly dry also. 

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment