Friday, February 22, 2013

Tasting - Les Perles Piquepoul

Date of Tasting: February 21, 2013
Name: Les Perles Piquepoul
Variety: Piquepoul
Region: Cotes de Thau
Country: France
Year:2011
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: Light and young, this is a straightforward but enjoyable selection that would be an ideal match for light fare such as grilled chicken salads or fluke. Apple flesh, nectarine, and sweet citrus oil aromas and flavors appear on the nose and palate, while the short finish is infused with a flavor of green melon rind.

My Review:  When smelling this wine, I was able to detect some of the citrus notes as described in the shop review. To me, this wine had a very creamy texture in my mouth. It could almost be described as buttery. I also tasted fruity notes. There was some acid which could be detected on my palate. I did like this wine, but overall, I'm not sure if it's right for me yet.

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment