Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tasting - Sokol Blosser Meditrina

Date of Tasting: February 7, 2013
Name: Sokol Blosser Meditrina
Variety: 50% Syrah, 28% Zinfandel, and 22% Pinot Noir
Region: Oregon
Country: USA
Year: NV
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: It's created from the finest Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Zinfandel. The taste is lush and velvety with expressive notes of raspberry and cherry. It pairs nicely with pasta and anything off the grill.

My Review: On the nose, I could smell a vinegar scent. After this smell, I was able to detect some of the cherry scent; however, it was pretty faint in my opinion. I could taste some of the "vinegar" smell that I had noted earlier. I also detected some woody aspects which made this wine a little more interesting. 

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment