Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tasting - Beringer Riesling

Date of Tasting: February 7, 2013
Name: Beringer Riesling
Variety: 100% Riesling
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: This wine is the perfect balance of honeysuckle and bright peach flavors. A perfect compliment to light fare, appetizers, or just sharing with friends. 

My Review: I do believe that this was the first Riesling that I have tasted in my wine experience thus far. I was excited to taste this wine since this particular varietal of grape has come up in several different lectures. On the nose, I was able to detect citrus smells. On the palate, I was able to detect the fruity flavor as well as some floral flavors. This wine was a good balance of sweetness. Overall, I enjoyed it.

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment