Friday, February 22, 2013

Tasting - Tres Ojos Rose

Date of Tasting: February 21, 2013
Name: Tres Ojos Rose
Variety: 50% Tempranillo 50% Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year:2009
Price: $3.95

Shop Review: This medium rose-colored rosado boasts a spicy red cherry/plum
nose with a soft lush attack of red berry fruit flavors and a crisp dry
finish. Simple and refreshing and a natural for tapas.


My Review:  I was excited to be able to try this wine since we had just got through talking about how the color of different wines is achieved. This rose wine had complexity which I would more likely associate with some of the red wines I have tried. I could definitely detect the spicy notes on my palate. Overall, it was an alright wine for me. 

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment