Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting - Finca del Castillo Tempranillo

Date of Tasting: January 31, 2013

Country: Spain

Year: 2011

Price: $4.95

Shop Review: Rooty, spicy and baked on the nose, with aromas that lean towards raisin. The palate is more gritty and acidic, with raisin, cola, and spice flavors. Darkens up on the finish, which is long and peppery, with adequate juiciness and a final note of tomato.
 
My Review: For a red wine, I found this to particular wine to remind me of the summer time. On the nose, it did have more of a spicy note, but I was not able to put my finger on what particular spices I was smelling. The body of this wine was not too overwhelming for my palate. At the finish of the wine, I was not able to detect the "final note of tomato" as described in the tasting notes. There was some pepper flavors towards the end as described. I did find this particular wine to be more on the dry side than some of the others tasted that day. 

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment