Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting - Mars and Venus Chardonnay

Date of Tasting: January 31, 2013

Country: Spain

Year: 2011

Price: $5.95

Shop Review: A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp, Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple. Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that's just perfect for parties or weeknight sipping.

My Review: Upon smelling this wine, I detected small hints of fruit. When I tasted this wine, I was not able to pick up much on the pineapple flavor as described in the tasting notes. However, I am not complaining because I'm not sure how much I would have liked to taste a wine that had a very powerful pineapple flavor! I did like this wine because it was somewhat fruity but overall very fresh on the palate.

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment