Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tasting - Maipe Sauvignon Blanc

Date of Tasting: January 24, 2013

Country: Argentina

Year: 2011

Price: $7.95

Shop Review: Yellow color with green hints. Expressive wine, fresh, very aromatic. This Sauvignon Blanc displays grapefruit flavors, with hints of melon and honey. It finishes with bracing acidity and fresh mouth feels that make it a terrific aperitif and an excellent accompaniment to virtually all seafood, especially shellfish.

My Review: My opinion of this wine is that I could definitely smell some of the grapefruit and melon within the wine. I was not able to really taste much of the grapefruit and the melon initially. After the initial taste, the after taste did have a strong amount of grapefruit. From this experience, I am not sure if I would want to drink a glass of this wine due to the strong power of grapefruit that I experienced on my palate.

With or Without Food: Without food

No comments:

Post a Comment